BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
We are looking for a Sr. Account Executive with a passion for social content-driven advertising & marketing inclusive of native, affiliate, media, experiential, & data.
You have experience in digital/experiential media & a proven track record within sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation, & customer service skills. You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products & begin generating revenue.
- Pitch new business to initiate & generate growth on a new account list focused on CPG, Finance & Pharmaceutical advertisers
- Creatively build a pipeline & maintain a high level of activity
- Prepare for & manage business meetings with clients ranging from junior-level senior agency buyers to CMOs.
- Develop a sales strategy & business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands & agencies as well as RFP agency business
- Host virtual and in-person presentations, as well as client entertainment
- Utilize extensive knowledge of assigned clients, including their internal structure, agency partners, etc. to uncover new opportunities for revenue
- Expert on social media, content marketing, mobile & digital video
- Minimum 5 years of previous digital media & sales experience combined
- Demonstrated an ability to creatively problem solve revenue generating solutions/products/strategies to answer client business challenges
- Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, discovery, pitching, closing, renewing & upselling
- Intellectual curiosity, & an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
- Outstanding communications skills including negotiation skills & exemplary consultative selling skills.
- Experience navigating the internet & social platforms
- A desire to learn & adapt in an ever changing industry
- Bonus: video background, project management & knowledgeable about programmatic-buying
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.