Director, Brand Creative Strategy (FTE)
The Blavity Family is seeking a brand strategist to join the Brand team.
The Director, Brand Creative Strategy will have the unique opportunity to work at a venture-funded technology & new media company changing the landscape of media representation by building the worlds largest digital community for millennials of color with some of the brightest minds & biggest talents.
This individual will work to create strategic programs based on client briefs, data, & insights, with the goal of generating revenue to meet top-line sales goals. The position is part of the Brand Team & reports directly to the VP of Brand.
What Youll Do in the Brand Strategist position...
- Lead creative direction for owned & operated editorial, video, & experiential product offerings.
- Produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, & marketing communications
- Provide brand creative team clear communication, leadership, & motivation to produce high-level creative solutions
- Providing mentorship & creative direction to a team of visual designers & video producers
- Lead creative brainstorms for RFPs & client briefs in collaboration with the Associate Director, Creative Services
- Own the RFP process of mid to high-budget tier opportunities ($150k approximately $1M) (i.e. brainstorming, building unique strategies that answer client goals, creating client presentations, communicating strategies to clients, answering client questions to get strategies sold in.)
- Work hand-in-hand with the creative services & sales to craft strategic proposals & presentations
- Build presentations that tell smart, compelling stories & outline enterprise product offerings
- Conduct competitive research & brand marketing analysis
- Present competitive research & brand positioning analysis to the larger sales team on a regular basis
- Create & manage an RFP delivery calendar
- Build proactive pitch materials & general marketing materials (general presentations, client one-sheets, audience research, etc.)
- Build case studies that showcase the effectiveness of Blavity Inc campaigns
What You Have...
- 5+ years working in the media industry (creative agencies, publishers, brand marketing, etc.) in a similar role
- Direct experience working with RFPs & creative brand briefs
- Expert experience building client presentations (Keynote & PowerPoint)
- Data-driven decisions
- Design experience (for presentation building purposes)
- Deep understanding of the digital, experiential & social media landscape
- Knowledgeable about music, entertainment, travel, food & cultural events
- Creative writer
- Deep insight into cultural trends
THIS ROLE BASED IN LOS ANGELES AT OUR DTLA HEADQUARTERS.
More About Us
We are a venture-funded technology & new media company. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy & focused team-players who cultivate our community & advance our strategic direction. Blavity is changing the landscape of media representation by building the worlds largest digital community for Millennials of Color. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: Enable Millennials of Color to tell their own stories.
Today, we average 5 Million monthly unique visitors, generate 30-50 Million monthly social impressions, & distribute our message across all major social media platforms. We are based in Downtown LA with team members working across the world. Blavity includes the following brands: Blavity.com, 21ninety.com, ShadowandAct.com, TravelNoire.com, & AfroTech.com.
What We Have to Offer...
- Cool office environment & culture
- Medical, Dental, Orthodontics & Vision plans
- 401K Matching Program
- Health Savings Accounts
- Discretionary Vacation Policy
- Gym Membership