Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, & are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support & growth you need to strengthen & evolve your skills within the consulting field.
We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will advise customers on how to maximize the value they get from Appian software. Through planning sessions, you will discover the customers business goals & develop a tailored plan to guide them toward achieving their desired outcomes.You will drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own while identifying potential areas of value for Appian within the clients business & explaining the associated value proposition. As a Customer Success Manager, you will maintain engagement with key client stakeholders in order to monitor account health, mitigate potential risks & ensure alignment with their priorities.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience identifying drivers of business performance & value creation & communicating the connection between technology investments & important business outcomes
- Prior experience with configuration, deployment, & testing of enterprise software applications
- Prior experience within an Agile software development team, coding, building and/or integrating web services, data integration architecture, designing complex solutions, and/or designing databases
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles & the ability to quickly grasp & distinctly explain technological & business concepts
- Strong grasp of Agile best practices in order to drive Agile transformations, with the ability to clearly articulate the benefits of Agile over Waterfall & understanding of how to avoid traps (WAgile)
- Natural problem solving ability, proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact, & grit to find ways past obstacles & setbacks
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively present to a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior executives
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding & Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation, or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical & professional growth.
- Culture: Appians customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually & in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience in software consulting (ideally in ERP, CRM, BPM/Workflow, Data Integration Architecture or EAI)
- Willingness to travel 50%
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.