Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
You will have job security at HomeLight. 100% of our mortgage business is focused on purchases. This unit is growing very quickly & is built on the long-term sustainable agent relationships we have developed over the last 5 years. Our need for great mortgage professionals will continue to increase after the refi boom subsides.
Who You Are
You are an experienced Mortgage Underwriter who cares deeply about improving your own quality of life at work, & believe technology can make mortgage underwriting more satisfying & fulfilling. You thrive on continuous improvement, rely heavily on feedback & have a developed keen listening sense. You believe that most problems should be solved using technology or smarter processes, & not just accepted & left to linger. You are a prolific & effective team member.
What Youll Do Here
HomeLight Home Loans is looking for a Mortgage Loan Underwriter who can perform the underwriting function & govern a pipeline as HomeLight Home Loans scales from originating a handful of loans to $100 Million per month of Jumbo QM within a year.
- Handle the underwriting of Jumbo & Super Jumbo loans for HomeLight Home Loans Operations going from launch to 60/70 loans per month
- Assist in recruiting excellent team members who want to operate & supervise our automated software platform
- Be a core member of a team that is innovative & passionate about changing the mortgage world forever
- Execute the underwriting function by supplementing the system with interventions, clearing flags, & applying rules that the system has not yet been trained to apply
- Anticipate problems & focus on prevention
- Identify bottlenecks & software or process solutions that will prevent these from happening again
- Work closely with the Origination Operations manager & Mortgage Platform lead in specifying system requirements to get the system to perform recurring process steps or requirements to fix problems & improve efficiency
- Ensure mortgages produced by Home Loans have no unresolved underwriting or collateral errors
- Experience with underwriting with traditional & non-traditional mortgage lenders.
- Experience underwriting and/or signing authority for conforming, jumbo, & super jumbo loans up to 2MM at a non-bank mortgage lender or a federally chartered bank.
- Experience surfacing errors & mistakes before loan consummation.
- Exceptional communication skills; providing feedback & surfacing things that are wrong & rightfully focus on improvement.