The Human Resources Intern is ideal for a current student or recent grad who has a strong desire to learn more about various HR processes in a contemporary, fast-paced environment. As a member of Human Resources team, The HR Intern will provide support to the HR team with all HR functions. You will gain experience in talent retention, employee recognition, performance management, employee relations, training & development & policy & procedure management. You will also have exposure to employee relations issues. They will have an opportunity to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity & will refer to policies & practices for guidance.
This 12-week internship commences May 25, 2021.
- Career Management process.
- Communication of company policies.
- Employee onboarding.
- Rewards & Recognition.
- Assist in the coordination, preparation & execution of paperwork including new hire packages, employment verification & letters of employment.
- Organize & maintain HR content management system & employee files.
- Assist in communicating career management & other company processes.
- Partner with HR Director & HR Manager in working with internal departments to resolve employee issues.
- Serve as an information resource & liaison to employees & managers.
- Assume ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- Current student or recent grad in HR focused post-secondary program
- Have experience in training & development or have some related work experience
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, Internet browsers, PowerPoint & intermediate knowledge of Outlook
- Superior communication skills, both oral & written
- High degree of confidentiality & dealing with sensitive matters
- Self-motivated, assertive, outgoing & eager
- Good use of tact & judgment
- Exceptional people skills, diplomacy, & a customer service focused attitude
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Aptitude & desire for a career in Human Resources
- Knowledge of employment related laws & practices is a plus