Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Under the direction of the General Counsel, you will play an immediate & direct role in our corporate governance practice, advising the company on pertinent corporate requirements & best practices as we consider opportunities for growth.
What you'll work on:
- Lead the preparation of periodic reports, proxy statements & other SEC filings, addressing disclosure, stock exchange, & corporate law requirements
- Review external communications, including press releases, investor presentations & other shareholder engagement activities
- Assist with Board matters, including coordinating, preparing, & distributing board/committee materials, agendas & minutes
- Develop & implement company policies & corporate governance programs
- Partner with the Talent & Finance teams on different topics, including drafting equity plan documents & intercompany agreements
- Provide legal support for Treasury & Accounting teams on capital markets activities, including the maintenance of credit facilities & other offerings, filings & financing arrangements
- Assist in M&A transactions, including drafting & negotiating term sheets & definitive agreements, conducting due diligence & advising on deal structures
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
10+ years of legal experience with a strong knowledge of:
- advising clients on public company reporting, compliance, & corporate governance matters; as well as
- M&A transactions, including an understanding of M&A structures, deals, documents & legal issues.
Experience working with & presenting to SVP-level leadership.
You are passionate about financial technology & the disruptive potential of cryptocurrency & blockchains, are a team player with a sense of humour, & enjoy learning but also mentoring.
You are comfortable working in an evolving & growing environment that is prone to changes, & managing multiple projects simultaneously.
You apply sound, practical business judgment to your legal recommendations, & are creative at solving problems while balancing important legal risks for the business.
You can work autonomously & independently with minimal guidance but are also comfortable working collaboratively as part of a team.
You have a JD (or foreign equivalent degree) & active membership in at least one US State Bar. Prior in-house experience for at least 5 years a must, including public traded companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.