Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
As the Junior Branded Content Editor, Branded Entertainment, you will serve as a creative partner for Complex Campaigns under BuzzFeed for all assigned Request for Proposal Slacks/Meetings, brainstorms, & campaigns. Your role will span Branded categories & verticals, touching on everything from style to auto & QSR, entertainment to music & sneakers. As the Fixed Term Branded Content Associate, you will both lead your own campaigns & support more senior editors from the Branded Entertainment team, utilizing your expertise & experience in the space to work collaboratively across teams at Complex to both ideate & execute high impact content from a 360 lens (editorial, video, & social). Additionally, you will speak to Branded Entertainment best practices both internally & externally as required, as well as keep abreast of Branded Entertainment trends & advancements to contribute to the enhancement of the teams overall workflow.
- Serve as lead editorial creative on assigned downloads & campaigns, including pre-sale ideation & all aspects of post-sale execution
- Assist in the development of new editorial/video/social products within the multiple spaces, including style, entertainment, QSR, auto, shopping, music, sneakers & more
- Work alongside campaign producers, as well as the editorial team, to execute Branded Entertainment packages that elevate both the Complex voice & address our partners business goals
- Collaborate with Production team on the development of all assigned shoots, including concepts/questions, locations, models/talent, & timelines
- Attend assigned photo/video shoots to conduct on-set interviews & ensure editorial vision & brand partners are represented & executed at the highest standards
- Collaborate with the Strategy team to concept & write stories that stay true to Complexs authentic voice while adhering to client KPIs
- Represent Branded Entertainment teamboth internally & externallyon production and client calls/meetings as needed
- Collaborate with Talent team to identify the best subjects to be featured in branded campaigns that both meet client needs & are relevant to Complexs core audience
- Work collaboratively with Partner Solutions Managers on all deadlines & timelines associated with assigned campaigns, including proactively communicating delays & launch times
- Oversee editorial budgets for all assigned campaigns & ensure all associated invoices/timesheets are processed in a timely manner
- Be mindful of performance goals, focused on achieving them, & use key learnings to improve on every campaign
- Continue to ideate & develop Branded Entertainment franchises that help optimize our creative efforts & ability to win new business with turnkey content executions
- Ensure all relevant elements of assigned campaigns are included & regularly updated on the BC Content Tracker, including key dates, live links, & keywords
- Keep multiple, concurrent campaigns on deadline
- Manage the Branded Content Campaign Directory in concert with senior staff
- Provide occasional general office support for the Branded Entertainment team, including the maintenance of all universal departmental docs (i.e. BC Tracker, glossary, BC franchise ideas, etc.) & some help with freelancer invoicing, contracting, & payment
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.