Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Cloud Platform team, you will be part of a team building highly scalable services to support web-based applications & mobile devices. You will create secure, multi-tenant services, including databases & middleware. You will work closely with other teams to identify & meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Implement systems from technical designs with clean, well-commented, & well- tested code.
- Participate in development planning & prioritization.
- Create & maintain Continuous Integration processes.
- Participate in the professional development of a world-class team of Cloud Engineers.
- Create, champion & drive better metrics & monitoring initiatives to gain more insight into the behavior of our Cloud applications & services.
- 5+ years work experience in relevant field.
- Strong programming skills in Go, Java, or C/C++.
- Experience with a variety of SQL & NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, & Redis.
- Experience deploying & scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS, Google, etc.)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven & Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Experience with authentication & authorization in the cloud, including access token & secrets management, Single Sign-in, & OAuth.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing & deployment.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication & reaching across functional borders.
- A solid understanding of networking & core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP) is a must.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Ability to multi-task & manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to lead others & resolve team issues with limited guidance.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.