PR & Communications Manager
Repeat after me: Hello Ad Age, this is ____.
As the PR & Communications Manager, you manage PR & communications efforts across the agency. You also land & keep track of both editorial & paid media opportunities, & you support the wider marketing group in submitting award entries & nailing down speaking opportunities for our thought leaders.
If youve held a Comms or PR role in an agency environment, or if you have experience working with advertising & ad-tech clients in a PR agencythen we want to talk to you. Its great if you have experience writing for reputation management. Its even better if youve got a deep knowledge of industry events, trade publications, & key reporters.
Lastly, youre a very important member of a small Marketing group that sits within the Critical Mass Business Development & Marketing & Communications team. The marketing group is responsible for growing Critical Masss presence in the marketplace by finding creative & provocative ways to tell Critical Masss brand story.
- Lead all Communication & Public Relations for the agency
- Help establish & maintain a thought leadership content hub with op-eds, research articles, white papers & video segments
- Manage the development of PR collateral including press releases, bios, & executive briefing books
- Keep track of media placements & develop & maintain a format for regularly reporting results to agency executives
- Work with North American & international offices to ensure consistency of communication & global message
- Work in partnership with the Business Development Marketing & Communications (BDMC) team to ensure alignment of marketing activity & prospecting efforts
- 5+ years of experience in the area of marketing/PR/Journalism
- Relationships with editors or journalists in key trade publications (e.g., Adweek, Ad Age, the Drum, FastCo, Campaign, etc.)
- A keen sense of trends in the industry & experience packaging up work & news for pitching to the trades
- A strategic mindset & an ability to execute both short-term & long-term initiatives
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of energy, accuracy & positive attitude
- A detail-oriented & organized way of working
- Exceptional communication & writing skills
- Great relationship-building skills & experience dealing with people from all levels & departments