At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated & organized Community Associate to join our Los Angeles team, full-time. In this role, you will be the face of Lyft, meeting with applicants & current drivers at our local facilities & preparing them for the exciting road ahead. This position will report into the Operations Lead. If you consider yourself a self-starter, can find comfort in ambiguity, & dont shy away from solving problems, you just passed the first test! If you love working with people, & the thought of helping Lyft continue to build this incredible ride-sharing movement in Los Angeles sounds exciting, we would love to meet you!
- Guide drivers through the onboarding process
- Support applicants & drivers with your knowledge of the Lyft platform & Los Angeles local market nuances
- Perform pre & post applicant outreach to get drivers approved & on the road
- Work with current drivers to solve any issues that they may have
- Work on various special projects - managing their moving parts, timelines, & stakeholders - as dictated by unique business needs in an emerging market
- Uphold Lyfts high standard of service while working with all drivers & representing the Lyft brand both on & off the clock
- Work in multiple service offices around the lower mainland
- Be the kind of person that doesnt say thats not my job
- Work a flexible schedule: this is a full-time role that requires availability on evenings & weekends
- 1+ year of experience in an in-person customer service role such as in retail, technical support or hospitality
- Knowledge of the for-hire vehicle industry
- Familiarity with the Los Angeles area
- Impeccable customer service & problem-solving skills
- Excellent, clear verbal & written communication skills
- What should come easy to you: patience, problem identifying & solving, de-escalating situations, teamwork, & self-governance
- Team Player Mentality: We are all about THE TEAM, since we all know there is no I in TEAM
- Bonus points if you love ride-sharing so much that you're a Lyft driver too!
- Proficiency in other languages is considered a plus!
- Must have a valid unrestricted drivers license
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.