Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product & customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names & they collectively interact with millions of consumers. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are looking for an experienced leader for our global Consumer Trust Operations team, which consists of operations managers, fraud prevention & compliance investigators & analysts. This is a full time remote role with team members located throughout the US & in several international locations. The Director of Consumer Trust Operations is responsible for developing & implementing fraud & abuse prevention strategies that result in high quality investigations & strike the right balance between risk & growth objectives. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing environment, is passionate about preventing consumer harm & enjoys switching between strategic & tactical level thinking.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 10+ years of people management experience, leading global operations teams in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- You have basic technical skills including an understanding of APIs & data analytics.
- You are adept at motivating a team, setting clear expectations & helping your team achieve goals & objectives.
- You are committed to & have had success developing performance & growing your team members careers.
- You are a natural problem solver, comfortable using data to arrive at decisions & you consistently demonstrate sound business judgment..
- You are comfortable being a thought leader & advocate for user/ customer protection.
- You have experience defining, managing & implementing policies & procedures from the ground up.
- You are able to build relationships & influence stakeholders across the organization. Strong project & process management skills, including establishing/managing a budget & setting/achieving goals
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills & are comfortable presenting to various levels of leaders/ stakeholders
- You have excellent time management & organizational skills & are comfortable working under pressure.
- You have experience scaling teams, driving automation, implementing tools & technology solutions to drive efficiency.
- Experience in the compliance, fraud, abuse or user protection space preferred but not required.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead & manage the global Consumer Trust operations team which is responsible for fraud prevention & compliance investigations.
- BE BOLD:Hire & develop team members across multiple teams, including analysts, investigators & team leads, helping them successfully work complex investigations, identify bad actors & new fraud trends & prevent losses.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build out the strategy & team focus around what the top priorities are for your team that roll up into the high-level company objectives
- WRITE IT DOWN:Collaborate successfully with PMs, engineers, scientists & other stakeholders throughout organization on products, tools & analytical systems used for detecting & remediating fraud & compliance issues across all channels in our network.
- DONT SETTLE: Establish & ensure appropriate reporting of operational metrics, team performance & overall patterns & trends.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Partner with Product, Compliance, Legal & InfoSec teams to create standard operating procedures, implement new workflows & determine service level & quality objectives.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead the development of a case management system & partner with engineering teams to identify technology solutions that help improve the speed with which we detect bad actors.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help the team navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth & risk mitigation objectives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Determine optimal staffing levels, ensure team is prioritizing the right work & find opportunities for automation and innovation. Consistently raise the bar & ensure the operations team achieves performance goals & objectives.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally & every month, billions of voice & video calls are made & billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy & security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform & were able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilios customers remain compliant & have the most engaged & relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy & help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 25% travel expected both domestically & internationally.. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.