Trade Lane Associate
As a Network Trade Lane Associate, you will be a foundational member of the team, learning all aspects of the trade, mastering Flexports advanced technology systems, & working on the front-lines to ensure Client Solutions Teams - & by extension, Flexport customers - have the right solutions & the right prices so that supply chains run smoothly. You will be an expert in coordinating & executing the end-to-end shipment lifecycle: procurement, solution design, rate setting, database management, vendor financial auditing, & implementation for the geographys imports & exports.
Coordinate & implement the end-to-end solutions designed for Flexport customers
- Execute the end-to-end creation & delivery of solutions for Flexport customers; interface & collaborate with other internal Supply teams (Trucking, Supply Chain Operations, Partner Team, etc) to achieve this
- Procure rates for customer requests within our network of vendors (ie carriers, subcontractors, partners) & ensure they are clearly recorded & available in cost databases
- Fulfill dynamic pricing requests & ensure solutions are clearly recorded & available in sell databases for immediate consumption by Client Solutions
- Partner with Client Solutions Teams to understand unique customer requirements & surface creative solutions with the Trade Lane Manager for execution
- Liaise with Account Solutions to provide rates & solutions for bids; assist with new client implementation
Act as the first point of contact for all Air/OCS issues, requests, or questions & take the lead in reaching a resolution
- Triage incoming requests & find an end-to-end resolution where possible or provide direction to the appropriate team for resolution
- Resolve all escalations raised by Client Solution Teams as quickly as possible, with an eye for mitigating future escalations of the same nature; exercise good judgment on when to escalate
- Constantly monitor group emails, Slacks, & offer support wherever possible
Drive & support initiatives to promote growth & profitability for the region
- Ensure high integrity & accuracy of all rates stored in internal database; record all rates & rate updates timely
- Leverage internal tools & processes to mitigate potential revenue leakage (Dispute ID Tool, regular reviews of statement-of-accounts)
- Identify opportunities to improve pricing strategies & increase profitability;
- Proactively follow-up on lost pricing requests & new opportunities
Develop & maintain relationships with external vendors
- Interface with external vendors for routine requests regarding rate procurement, audits, or shipment-specific questions
- Coordinate day-to-day performance & execution of our vendors (ie flag errors & work with them to correct them, etc)
- Assist the Trade Lane Manager & Senior Trade Lane Associate in developing & maintaining excellent relationships with external vendors/subcontractors & setting up operating procedures
- Proactively suggest ways to improve performance based on data & in partnership with the Sr. TLA & TLM, implement those suggestions
Identify areas for process improvements & contribute to future automation designs
- Master all Flexport internal tools & databases for maintaining buy & sell rates
- Ensure all internal processes & important documents (ie contracts, workflow mappings) are standardized, recorded, & available in the Trade Lane Management team folders
- Take a critical approach to company & customer SOPs & identify ways to improve them
- Be a general expert, able to support procurement, solution design, rate setting, vendor audits & implementation cycles for all geographies in your region
- Proactively share risks & barriers with the TLM & TLSM & work to resolve them
- Embody a can-do attitude at all times
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BA/BS & 2-4 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of product & technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective
- Experience building & maintaining relationships & partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills & metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background & knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc); basic programming capabilities a plus
- Strategic vision & ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.