LendKey is solving a complex challengeto improve lives with lending made simpleby helping financial institutions compete in the digital age & provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect & desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions & banks to conduct their education & home improvement loan programs.
This is a hands-on Engineering role that will focus on solving complex technical problems & creating scalable solutions for our platform. This person will help lead one of our cross-functional squads, which is staffed with a Product Manager, Business Analyst, & one or more engineers.
What youll do:
- Design & develop high quality & extensible applications
- Lead a cross-functional squad in story-mapping & functional requirements exercises; in certain cases sharing the responsibilities with the product owner; participate in release plan overview as well as identifying areas of risk & exposure in group discussions
- Code at least 70% of the time & often more
- While we expect collaboration within our development squads, the lead software engineer has the responsibility to assign engineering resources to execute the backlog. They are responsible for execution
- Work with stakeholders to define technical options & agree on solutions
- Ensure that the squad follows good engineering practices
- Communicate the status of their backlog to stakeholders both within & outside Engineering. Our technical leads know how to manage their squads & their customers.
- Mentor & motivate less-experienced squad members to enhance code quality & velocity; lead by example
- Keep a continuous line of feedback open with their direct manager & the Head of Engineering on squad progress, escalating areas of concern on an ongoing basis; communicate standing of work-in-progress & initiatives to the business periodically
- Lead in retrospectives, sprint planning, & sprint reviews for the squad
- Help to direct dedicated QA testing resources for the squad youre working on
- Lead cross functional squad through the SDLC; collaborate with product owners, technical team members, business stakeholders & designers to implement enhancements or new applications
- Propose innovative solutions to complex problems
- Work closely with local & remote squad & team members & management, to achieve high team morale & productivity
- Share best practices & improve processes within & across development squads
- Add new functionality to our Loan Servicing & Financial Operations platform
- Create technical documentation related to new functionality you add to the platform
- Complete version control & deployment build requirements
- Interact with our business stakeholders
- Participate in weekly team project meetings