Manage the Network Engineering team as well as act as a technical lead in designing, deploying, maintaining, & supporting a high-availability, enterprise network. The ideal candidate has a strong background in Network Engineering & Architecture with a focus on high availability, large-scale environments. The person in this position is responsible for the performance of companys production & enterprise networks & is a subject matter expert in the area of IP networking. The role encompasses working closely with key internal stakeholders, vendors, & customers. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of current network engineering principles hands-on experience in designing, optimizing, & troubleshooting large-scale networks.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties
- Responsible for capacity planning, design, & engineering, of a high-availability WAN IP Network.
- Provide direction to teams to ensure proper scopes, processes, procedures, & test plans are developed & adhered to.
- Provide input & technical guidance to contracts with respect to solutions architecture, pricing, & KPIs
- Manage the development of monitoring & reporting protocols that meet internal customer KPI requirements.
- Design, architect, & manage installation, configuration, & maintenance of necessary systems for scalable, resilient, & secure LAN/MAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Provide direction & adherence to document control processes to ensure the network & support systems are properly documented & updated to ensure proper maintenance, operations & billing.
- Direct the preparation & implementation of personnel development & training programs.
- Implement policies, procedures for the department within the framework of corporate policy ensuring compliance with strategic corporate objectives.
- Install, configure, & maintain necessary hardware for high availability of the network.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades & patching.
- Perform system backups & recovery of all operational devices.
- Maintain & support high density public Wi-Fi network infrastructure.
- Assist NOC team with network related issue.
- Provide continuous 24x7 support of Shutterstock LAN/WAN & WLAN infrastructure.
- Provide excellent customer support to existing & potential customers.
- Communicate with vendors on network requirements for new equipment and/or related issues.
- Document, track, & monitor network related problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Assist in administration, maintenance, development & implementation of policies & procedures for ensuring the security & integrity of information & availability of systems.
- Evaluating new technologies as appropriate & required.
- Manage the budget for the Network Engineering team to cover support contracts, vendor services, network upgrades, & full-time & contract staff.
- Applying, developing & sharing specialist & detailed technical expertise, understanding other organisational disciplines.
- Analysing information, probing for clarity, producing solutions, making judgements, thinking systemically.
- Setting objectives, planning, establishing contingencies, managing time, resources & people, monitoring progress.
- Following procedures & instructions, time keeping, showing commitment, & keeping to safety & legal guidelines.
- Learning rapidly, gathering information, understanding rapidly, managing knowledge, ensuring organisational learning approach.
- Focusing on customer needs & satisfaction, setting high quality & quantity standards, working systematically, achieving project goals.
- Excellent communications skills
Formal Qualifications / Certificates Required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or related field. Masters preferred
- At least one of the following certifications (or equivalent) required: JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCDP, CCDE, CCIE
- Strong background in Network Engineering & Architecture with a particular focus on security, high availability, & large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in network engineering
- Minimum of 10 years with network management & monitoring tools
- Minimum of 7 years of in network security
- Minimum of 3 years server administration (Linux or Windows)
- Minimum of 5 years of WiFi experience
- Experience in the following network protocols: BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, MPLS, TCP/IP, BFD, Q-in-Q, Multicast Routing, QoS,
- Experience with following network technologies: RADIUS, NTP, PTPv2, NetFlow / IPFIX, SNMP, syslog, DNS, DHCP
- Familiarity with WiFi communication protocols & technologies such as 802.11 b/g/n/ac, MIMO, TKIP, AES, WEP, WPA
- Experience with Cloud platforms & server virtualization a plus
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V