Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals & businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries & regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital & Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best & brightest technologists with ambition & drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach & scale of Visa's payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity & you feel excited about joining & leading the revolution- come join us!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Program manager (Director level) to combine successful software development process experience with effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, & technical skills. Reporting into the Senior. Director - RTP PMO, this role will be responsible for all aspects of development & implementation of assigned projects & scrum teams. The Director, Program Managementwill be accountable for timely & high quality execution & delivery from original concept through final implementation. This position requires working with teams that follow Agile practices as well as traditional methodologies.
- Coordinate & facilitateprogram & project activities such as planning, analysis, execution, andpost-implementation support
- Develop integrated plans & schedules to track development progress & dependencies with other functions & external parties
- Drive the execution of deliverables across multiple teams & functions
- Coordinate work for geographicallydistributed scrum teams utilizing Agile/Scrum/Lean principles
- Proactivelyidentify andmitigate risks & issues, dependencies & impacts
- Provide timely & accuratereporting on program progress to all stakeholders
- Implement metrics to monitor team velocity & leverage tools like burn downs & capacity modeling to ensure the teams are productive & efficient
- Guide the team & organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices & principles
- Coach & mentor other program managers
- Work withproduct ownersto develop product roadmaps which align to business objectives andresource availability
- Interact confidently & collaborate with various stakeholders including Management, Product teams, developers, architects, operation & security teams
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by providing input into a framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean & design thinking practices
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Prior hands on experience in a product development environment leveraging Agile practices.
- Expert Knowledge of project management principles & Agile development methodologies
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations as required
- Ability to plan & prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to independently drive projects through to completion
- Meticulous follow-up of issues & actions to drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Experience working with external third party vendors & integration partners
- Strong communication skills & the ability to work well with other departments & varying levels of management. Must be able to dive deep into technical details with project teams & zoom out to understand & communicate the big picture.
- 10+ years of technical program management experience, working with engineering teams to develop Enterprise class software (project teams of 25+, budgets of $5M+)
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development & infrastructure tools, processes & practices, including Agile software development
- Expert knowledge of Project Management & SDLC principles & practices & agile frameworks. Hands on experience managing software development processes.
- Payment domain or FinTech experience is a major plus
- Excellent analytical skills & enthusiastic problem solver
- Strong leadership qualities & organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles
- Strong executive presence & experience advising & interfacing business leadership on technology related issues, excellent executive-level verbal & written communication
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document & communicate technical & business issuesand solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task & manage one's time.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business & technical issues & influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- PMP & CSM certifications are highly preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Clarity PPM & Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki & JIRA strongly preferred.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.