We are looking for a proven frontend developer to work as a part of our Growth team. You will be responsible for the Vimeo website to ensure maximum footfall & conversion & working on projects to improve the website & usability & grow the Vimeo SaaS business. Your work will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work closely with the UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design & technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides & defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will work with product managers to ensure that the changes meet the business requirements & important metrics. You will ensure that features are released with utmost quality and customers comes first attitude.
What youll do:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Design & own reusable components across the website
- Lead the effort for best practices for web applications scalability, usability, SEO, performance & page score
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs & implement the same
- Collaborate with other team members & partners
If you are someone who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming & keeps a tab on new developments in technology then you are the right fit for us!
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience
- Good understanding & working experience with React.js & nodeJs is highly recommended, else equivalent experience with other SPA frameworks is required.
- Understanding of server side programming languages like PHP is a bonus.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 & CSS3 & responsive designs with media queries are the table stakes.
- Good understanding of Object oriented programming concepts is required.
- Good understanding of SEO principles & ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Working knowledge of Linux / Mac environments
- Cares deeply about clean & semantic code, & a passion for delivering a great user experience
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.