We are reinventing global trade.Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures & Y Combinator.With offices & infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whatever role you play, you will share your day with passionate & resourceful team mates.
Were looking for a Field Marketing Manager for Europe. This critical field role, based in our Amsterdam (Europe HQ) offices, will be responsible for delighting our customers & prospects with engaging pipeline generating & accelerating experiences across a broad spectrum of events. Success will be measured by sourced & influenced pipeline, as well as program ROI.
You will work closely with the Marketing teams based in Amsterdam & San Francisco. But also with our Sales, Operations, People (HR) teams & Europe Leadership to further build our footprint in Europe. An exciting time to join Flexport as this is a unique opportunity to join our amazing team & leading the way to growth!
What youll do
- Reporting to the EMEA Senior Marketing Manager: you will Manage all Field marketing activities within Europe. Including, but not limited to:
- Create & deliver incredible events to delight our customers & prospects, as well as build & influence pipeline.
- Own Flexports full calendar of public or client-facing events, year-round, from idea to execution in Europe.
- Scout, book & host events where Flexport can reach target audiences & identified customers & prospects.
- Manage the production & distribution of collateral & swag for every event or show.
- Maintain lasting, strong relationships between many vendors & trade show organizers
- Conduct in-depth event evaluation, budget reconciliation & lead follow-up.
- From start to finish lead various event formats, which include: executive speaking engagements for our European leaders & industry experts; Flexport appearances or booths at trade shows & conferences; VIP client & partner events, salons, & workshops, industry events etc.
- Work closely with key Flexport stakeholders, including Marketing, PR, Design, & Sales to promote events across channels.
- Establish strategic campaigns for events to further develop relationships with prospects / existing clients & help expedite the sales cycle.
- Manage & report ROI & metrics.
What youll need:
- A creative vision for creating premium brand experiences.
- A passion for connecting people in our industry with expertise relevant to their work.
- 3+ years of experience in field marketing or event management with direct, hands-on experience planning, organizing & executing live events.
- A commitment to delivering great experiences to our prospects & clients: youre not above helping with event set-up & tear-down, coordinating last-minute details on site, or troubleshooting problems in the moment to keep everything running smoothly.
- Clear & precise communication.
- Availability to support evening & weekend events as necessary to ensure success (within reason).
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- A can-do attitude.
- Fluent in Englis, German is a plus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.