Were excited to be looking for a Media Buyer to join our rapidly-growing team in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote & expected to be back in summer 2021 - this is not a permanent remote role). Reporting to our Growth Marketing Manager of Audio, you will manage our audio network relationships, negotiations & sourcing initiatives. This is an opportunity to drive our overall marketing strategy by building relationships with top performing media outlets & taking our customer acquisition to new heights!
This role is perfect for you if you are detail-oriented, passionate about podcasts & radio, enjoy developing relationships & are excited to grow your marketing experience in a strategic & fun environment.
What youll do
- Play a critical role in securing media placements, negotiating rates, coordinating product send outs & invoicing orders
- Build & maintain relationships with podcast & radio networks to introduce & onboard them to the Brooklinen brand
- Coordinate advertisement schedules & buys to support specific channel & sales strategies
- Proactively source & present new media placement opportunities to the larger audio team
- Provide up-to-date advertisement content to all media partners in a timely & organized fashion
- Perform air checks to ensure quality ad reads for all placements
- Attend relevant conferences to network with creatives, scale our media presence & improve customer acquisition
We're looking for someone who brings
- 0-2 years of work or internship experience in marketing or media buying; radio & podcasts is a plus
- Demonstrated history of successful relationship management, negotiations skills & budgeting
- Eagerness to learn about media buying; enthusiasm about podcasts & radio
- Ability to autonomously prioritize tedious tasks & responsibilities
- Strong verbal, written & visual communication skills
- Confidence in speaking & coordinating directly with external media partners
- Understanding of growth marketing key performance indicators is a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how weve done so far & where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen its our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, & high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.