We're looking for a passionate product strategist to lead the strategy & execution of new travel products for Away. We launched in 2016 with our sights set on improving every part of the travel experience: we started with luggage, selling over 1,000,000 suitcases in less than three years, & established ourselves as a brand committed to making travel more accessible & more enjoyable. As we expand our reach globally, were taking on even more product categories to make the perfect version of everything you need to travel seamlessly. Our Head of Lifestyle Accessories will be a category leader who owns the research, strategy, & execution of our new non-luggage products. This role will report to the co-founder/Chief Brand Officer & is based in our headquarters in Soho, New York.
The ideal candidate is an experienced merchandiser, has a strong instinct for product which is backed by data & insights, & is passionate about thoughtfully building a travel brand. This role will report to our co-founder/Chief Brand Officer & is based in our Soho, NYC headquarters.
What You'll Do:
- Bring a strong perspective of how new products can drive our brand & company forward using knowledge of trends, the competitive landscape, & consumer insights
- Establish a long-term strategic vision for new travel accessories
- Leverage existing relationships & expertise to determine our development & go-to-market strategy across categories
- Work cross-functionally to conceptualize brand positioning & evolution as we launch new products
- Determine our development & sourcing strategies for each category & work with existing teams to build out necessary capabilities
- Manage product assortment & pricing strategies across channels & product lines
- Work closely with marketing & creative teams to launch on-brand products cohesively
- Define & manage the category product calendar & align across all teams
- Work closely with finance to build forecasts related to our product strategy
- Champion our consumers, our product vision, & our unrelenting commitment to thoughtful, innovative design
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of directly relevant experience in bringing new products to life in a merchandising or product development capacity
- You know what it takes to build something from scratchyou have experience taking products from insights to launch, ideally in a variety of functions
- Youre personally passionate about this category: youre on top of all the consumer trends, brands, & products across the travel landscape
- You have the ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down & across the organization) to champion your vision for the category roadmap
- You have the ability to make strategic decisions based on insights from multiple data sources
- Youre an entrepreneurial leader who inspires & motivatesnot just your direct reports, but across the organization
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!