Every life fully lived.
ClassPass is transforming the $10B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1 million studio fitness classes annually, & inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, weve built the worlds leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand & an unparalleled community. Were revolutionizing fitness, & even after being recognized as one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe were just getting started.
Our growing team (now over 400 strong!) is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work & working out seriously. Were as inspired by the 35M+ reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members & studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, & discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
About the Right Team Member:
- Your world is in the palm of your hand & you live the mobile life.
- You understand how to code & ship diverse product features within the mobile space.
- Solving difficult technical problems related to user interactions as well as low level systems is your forte.
- You understand the importance of delightful UI/UX & know how to implement it on a mobile device.
Our iOS & Android apps are a hybrid of native & React Native code. Our iOS application is Objective-C & Swift, while our Android application is in Java & Kotlin. By using React Native, our mobile engineers are more cross-platform & our web engineers are able to contribute to mobile. We pick native or React Native based on whats best for the feature.
Your language-specific experience is less important than your overall experience as a senior mobile engineer. Were looking for people who want to evolve with us as we become more cross-platform in our mobile engineering efforts, while continuing to push technical excellence in our mobile applications.
- Innovate & create a cutting edge mobile experience.
- Create & maintain a codebase.
- Own & solve difficult technical problems & provide timely delivery.
- Be creative in improving the UI/UX of our mobile apps.
- 5+ years total experience as an engineer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented & passionate about mobile UI/UX.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, ship-often environment.
- Deep understanding of the iOS or Android SDK & device landscape.
- Experience with agile development.
- Experience with React Native or React is a big plus.