Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
This position is for an experienced designer looking to join a highly impactful, creative, & dynamic team.
- You are a quick study who can gain deep knowledge about the contours of our systems, our business goals, & the needs of our customers & can transform those insights into beautifully designed products.
- You have strong communication skills. You can initiate discussions, facilitate brainstorms, justify your design decisions, & thoughtfully present your solutions to stakeholders.
- You operate with a human-centered approach. Even though you have great intuition, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct & validate your ideas through user research & feedback.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'd be joining a small, but growing team in New York focused on delivering valuable & intuitive experiences to international newsrooms, Fortune 500's, & enterprise organizations within the public sector.
What youll do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. Youll gather insights, explore possibilities, shape the user experience, & follow through to development & release.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. Youll partner closely with engineering & product managers to synthesize ideas & define requirements.
- Make data-driven decisions & advocate for your users. Youll tie your decisions back to your research & guide the product strategy from the users perspective while keeping business goals & engineering constraints in mind.
- Work autonomously & act as a mentor for other designers. Take ownership of your work & effectively manage priorities. Advise junior team members throughout the design process.
- Uphold high standards for visual & interaction design. Contribute to our existing design system in a scalable way.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience designing products for desktop & mobile, experience with information-heavy products or designing for complex systems is a plus
- Ability to quickly come up with multiple concepts & prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, & when to make low-fi sketches & wireframes
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing complex user workflows for integrated systems, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of modern HTML & CSS, & a working knowledge of current engineering approaches to building enterprise products
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self & support you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own & drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training
- Generous leave & flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.