At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
From day one, Lyfts mission has been to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, & traffic a thing of the past. Thats why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where were building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers & creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds & areas of expertise, & each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software & hardware experts work in brand new garages & labs in Palo Alto, California, & offices in London, England & Munich, Germany. And were moving at an incredible pace: were currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business & product decisions. The autonomous data science team works collaboratively with partners across the organization, such as product, engineering, strategy & operations to develop business insights & make actionable recommendations. We are looking for passionate data scientists to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems in the future of autonomous vehicles & ridesharing.
- Develop analytical frameworks & business metrics to measure performance with statistical rigor
- Partner with product managers, engineers, program managers, operations & leadership to translate data insights into decisions & action
- Find opportunities for efficiency improvements in the Autonomous program using data
- Ownership over data from instrumentation to executive-facing dashboards
- Author scalable ETL pipeline workflows using workflow orchestration engines like Airflow.
- Write advanced SQL for query engines like BigQuery to compute metrics or failure modes across large time-series data
- Degree in a quantitative field - advanced degrees are preferred
- Industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured & efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science & visualization libraries (Python preferred)
- Strong oral & written communication skills, & ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- (Nice to have) Experience with various interactive query engines (e.g., BigQuery, Presto), or data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Flink, Beam, Hive).
- (Nice to have) Experience with workflow orchestration platforms (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban).
- (Nice to have) Good understanding of SQL Engine & able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.