BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Senior Audio Producer who can lead all aspects of production for a daily podcast. The ideal candidate is passionate about pop culture, celebrity, & everything else thats happening on the internet. Candidates should be comfortable operating under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment & have a good sense of humor. This is a project-based role.
- Lead daily pitch sessions
- Book & prep interviews
- Work with hosts & fellow producer to script each segment of the show
- Help guide episode recordings & coach hosts through interviews
- Track down soundbites & clips
- Work with audio engineer & post-production manager to make edits
- Edit podcast segments as needed
- Provide post-show feedback
- Collaborate with team on creative tweaks to show format
- Provide support & creative input to ensure ongoing quality & audience growth
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in podcasts or radio, ideally a daily show
- Outstanding writing & communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong editorial judgment & command of current events, including politics, culture, entertainment, & social media
- Ability to multitask & work creatively in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in audio editing with Pro Tools
- Efficiency in editing interviews under tight deadlines
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.