Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Content Director to help grow organic traffic to Twilio.com & SendGrid.com through SEO-driven blog content. The Content Director will focus on attracting builders of all types to Twilio. This role will report into the Senior Director of Content Marketing on The Developer Network Team & will regularly work with product management, operations, & content strategy. The person will advise a team of strategic writers as you build a comprehensive editorial calendar alongside established writing teams at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who has led happy, high growth, data-backed editorial teams. You also have:
- Bachelors degree, or proven experience required. 12+ years of SEO-focused short-form writing experience, preferably in SaaS. 5+ years of direct leadership experience, & you bring a passion for management!
- The ability to articulate the why behind your content creation, not just the how
- Proven experience mapping SEO initiatives to company growth imperatives
- Analytical acumenthe ability to provide context behind our results & share with relevant partners
- A strong point of view when it comes to content creation
- Copyediting experience with best-in-class standards for editorial quality. In addition, you bring an immaculate attention to detail
- An aptitude for explaining technical topics in a digestible way
- Experience in Google Analytics, WordPress, Tableau
As Content Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Innately understand the questions that current & potential customers are asking, & ensure that were answering them with thoughtful, evergreen, & optimized answers.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Add process & precision to our editorial planning for more non-technical blog content. Ability to clearly articulate our growth strategy & the critical metrics well measure against.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate across various content producing teams to ensure were accurately serving our customers, as well as crafting efficiencies between teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify new organic growth ideas from internal & external sources & work across the Twilio & SendGrid.com domains to ensure our content efforts are working in concert, not conflict.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Cultivate an inclusive team of strategic writers who openly brainstorm, co-edit, & share in the teams successes.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Identify key short-term wins while always keeping an eye on our long-term growth goals. Be able to navigate fluid timelines while delivering high quality work.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the accurate measurement of our content production & hold each piece we publish to the highest standards.
The Content Marketing Team is central to Twilios continued growth. We focus on growing awareness of Twilio to builders of all typesgrowth marketers, product owners, & the growing citizen developer persona. Our content helps amplify Twilios mission of being the worlds most trusted customer engagement platform. As part of The Developer Network, were supported by a team who innately understands & champions builders & innovation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.