Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion & wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-informed & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
Justworks is seeking a Product Design Manager to manage the Payments & Benefits team designers. In this role, you will partner with the design director, other managers, & the design team to help Justworks grow through learning, empathy, & co-creation. Expand the product design team in size & impact while maintaining close-knit connections. Mentor & coach designers to uphold quality, operationalize processes, & nurture skillset growth. And, have a good time along the way.
What you'll do
- Report to the Director of Product Design & partner with product management, engineering, & product marketing to create a cross-functional & collaborative development process specific to your domains.
- Conduct a listening tour within ProdEng (product & engineering) & other departments to build relationships & your mental model of Justworks.
- Bootcamp on Payments & Benefits teams as a product designer to gain empathy & increase domain knowledge.
- Partner with design leadership & the team to continuously improve design meetings & processes to account for the doubling design team.
- Partner with ProdEng leadership, Payments teams, & Benefits teams to evolve the teams. Hire product designers & strengthen team-relationships to support team growth.
- Mature our user research practice, foster data-informed decision making, & uphold product quality within ProdEng.
- Test programs with the close-knit design team to maintain career growth, transparency, & collaboration.
- Increase awareness of the design team inside & outside of Justworks.
- Foster collaboration between brand design & product design to create a cohesive experience.
Who you are
- 2+ years of design management experience
- 5+ years of designing web applications
- Have a portfolio of past work showing process, a human-centered approach, & the outcomes
- Have a proven track record of building out a high performing team of designers
- Authentic mentor & coach who gives & receive candid feedback to support learning & growth
- Experienced in providing design direction & upholding quality through UX & visual design guidance
- A strong advocate for the customer, the design team, & the designers way of problem-solving
- Ability to build relationships through strong communication skills (listening, transparency, empathy, & openness)
- Biased towards partnering with others to co-create, align, & realize shared vision
- Adaptable to complex domains & ambiguous situations by asking the right questions & managing priorities to build a shared context for the team.
- Have a growth mindset. Self-aware of strength & areas of development.
- Willing to experiment & iterate on design operations
- Quietly awesome, humble, thoughtful, & genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- Experienced in user research methods
- Experienced in SaaS products
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.