We are looking for a technology leader that is passionate about Web development, UX/UI, optimization, & analytics that will help us take our eCommerce/sales engine & customer engagement to the next level. You will lead the Web Development team which falls under the Business Technology organization. The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering efficient processes, scalable infrastructure, systems, analytics & insights that help Asana achieve its mission. In addition, we partner with functional leadership to drive transformations that results in growing our business, organizational effectiveness & efficiencies.
As Head of Web Development, youll provide technical leadership, guide architectural & design decisions for the team. You will also collaborate with web producers, our marketing team, sales, design & Product Engineering to make the logged-out experience of Asana.com delightful. You will report directly into the Head of Business Technology.
What youll achieve
- Learn the current web framework & architecture of logged-out Asana.com & set our future roadmap.
- Develop a strategy for a complex, highly cross-functional website, & implement process & technology that will help us scale with our global growth.
- Provide expertise & consult with functional leadership across business, engineering & product teams.
- Understand & influence business strategies & integrate them into technical roadmaps to achieve business objectives.
- Set the technical strategy that enables rapid experimentation / optimization
- Evangelize a test & data driven culture across the organization.
- Grow, manage & mentor our web development engineers to be effective leaders of their people, teams & programs.
- Develop & implement strategies to attract & maintain a highly skilled & engaged workforce.
- Collaborate & build relationships with the engineering organization to leverage infrastructure & services already in place.
- Identify & remove impediments for the team & stakeholders, while successfully driving towards key initiatives.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience, with 4+ years of hands-on technical leadership & people management experience.
- Experience scaling engineering teams by recruiting, retaining & growing all levels of engineering talent
- Previous experience with front-end or web technologies, data modeling/design, orchestration, working with API layers, & open source technologies.
- Experience working in or interest in learning SaaS business models & its software development lifecycle (infrastructure, software, or data services)
- Helped development teams through periods of rapid growth & scale, understands the big picture & the importance of investing in the core technical foundation.
- Experience building a diverse & inclusive culture, with teams that are eager to learn & deeply curious
- Experience working with teams who use the following models: DevOps, service ownership, & continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- Strong technical background in Engineering, or a related technology field