BrightFarms grows local produce, nationwide. BrightFarms eliminates time, distance, and costs from the food supply chain by financing, building, and operating local greenhouse farms in partnership with supermarkets, cities, capital sources, and vendors. BrightFarms has created a scalable model for the future of sustainable, local farming, using far less energy, land, and water than long distance, centralized, and field grown agriculture. BrightFarms employs local, community farmers and makes pesticide-free produce accessible to all. Fast Company recognizes BrightFarms as One of World's 50 Most Innovative Companies and one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Food in the world. For more information, please visit www.brightfarms.com.
The Financial Analyst will be a crucial member of a small, dedicated team that owns all aspects of finance in a growth-stage company. As an analyst, you will learn best practices on how to build and operate a full-service finance function from the bottoms up in an exciting, high-growth environment. This individual will assist the Finance Director in a wide array of business activities, including:
- financial, pricing, and operational analytics
- profitability models
- KPI reporting/board deck processes,
- operational efficiency projects
This is an opportunity to become an integral member of a rapidly-growing, sustainability-focused, venture-capital-backed startup in an exciting new industry. Our expectation is for this individual to learn, grow, and establish a deep understanding of the business to drive key management decisions in the organization. Our company is a close-knit group and this individual will have a very visible position and exposure to C-level executives, often working closely with them.
- Position will report to Finance Director
- Perform detailed financial analysis including financial modeling, profitability analysis, and revenue analysis
- Assist with maintaining corporate financial models that will be the basis of forecasting, budgeting, and evaluating M&A and capital structuring opportunities
- Responsible for establishing working relationships with sales and operations teams to assist in reporting and KPI tracking
- Support Sales efforts by analyzing pricing proposals and changes in pricing structure
- Performs ad hoc analysis to identify the source of operational problems and make recommendations for improvement
- Conduct financial and business due diligence (e.g., industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects) on potential acquisition candidates
- Support Finance team with reporting, quarterly Board meetings and stakeholder requests for information
The ideal candidate has a strong corporate finance and analytics background and can leverage these skills to work closely with Sales and Operations to execute on and strengthen our current processes. You are a persistent self-starter who gets excited about working on a diverse set of problems simultaneously, and loves connecting dots across departments and processes to find innovative solutions. You embrace ambiguity, are meticulous about the details, and are an incredible performer. You are a humble team player looking to join an engaging and passionate group of coworkers, and most importantly, looking to learn.
* Must be able to commute to office in Irvington, NY 3x/week
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in investment banking, FP&A, financial operations, accounting, M&A or auditing; manufacturing experience a plus
- High attention to detail with exceptional level of accuracy
- Advanced Excel skills (submission of sample financial model will be required)
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to build strong, cross-functional relationships and add value as a finance partner
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think outside of a given set of constraints
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for sustainable and eco-friendly industries including BrightFarms mission criteria listed below:
- To improve the Health of Society and the Planet -the inspiration for BrightFarms grew out of our desire to grow food in the same communities where it's consumed - food that's fresher, tastier, and better for the environment.
- Our Mission for Sustainability - Growing food in a sustainable way is at the core of our mission. Our growing methods minimize the impact to the environment by using less energy, water and land than traditional farming.
- Investing in Local Communities - By operating within the communities we serve, we help support local economies. Each one of our farms creates green collar jobs with a living wage and benefits for all of our employees.
- Grown Local and Delivered Fresh -Most salads on shelves in supermarkets travel thousands of miles, arriving 6-7 days after harvest. Our produce is grown locally, picked at the height of freshness and delivered to supermarkets within 24 hours!