Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
Engineering Managers at Justworks lead a team of Software Engineers. They work closely with our Designers & Product Managers to develop products that delight our users & make complex problems simple.
The Enrollment & Onboarding (E&O) team manages the experience our customers have from our marketing channels all the way through to running their first payroll. Theres a complex & changing set of requirements to provide services for our customers that changes from state to state. On top of that, theres a fair amount of information we need to teach to our users about how we work. Youd be responsible for the customer funnel. Working with your team to iterate different approaches to different customers with the goal of giving everyone the best enrollment & onboarding experience possible.
This job requires a strong technical background & a track record for mentoring & growing teams. Our business domains are deep & complex so your ability to positively impact & understand complex systems will set you apart.
What you'll do
- Work with the Engineers, Designers, & Product Managers to scope, prioritize & execute projects so we can improve our product & develop new features.
- Communicate & coordinate with other teams in & out of engineering to understand the requirements & opportunities for improvement.
- Provide guidance & support growth in your direct reports.
- Help plan for the future of your team, its products & its people.
- Help recruit, interview, & hire for the entire engineering team.
Who you are
- A track record of at least two years leading productive engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience in prioritizing, crafting, & executing plans.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp & explain complex concepts to both technical & non-technical people.
- High levels of empathy & interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of core web development technologies from the browser to the database
- A want to help develop a product with a positive impact.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.