We are looking for an Engineering Manager to grow our rapidly expanding Security team here at Asana. You will be guiding your team & ensuring our ambitious security roadmap is achieved to keep Asana users safe.
The Security team ensures that Asana's users & employees are safe from malicious activity & accidental disclosure. We build the systems & tools that enable the rest of Asana to develop secure software easily. We're focused on secure-by-default frameworks, least privilege access, detection & alerting, & eliminating bug classes.
What youll achieve
- Manage a team of security engineers by providing the resources & coaching they need to execute programs
- Guide the articulation & execution of Asanas Security program
- Work directly with the Head of Security & other senior leaders across Asana to set the strategy for your team
- Build processes that scale Security to a rapidly expanding company
- Recruit for the Security team & define how it evolves & interacts with the rest of Asana
- Work with teams cross-functionally & align their roadmaps to improve the security posture of Asana
- Support product teams working on our newest features & technologies to be sure they are secure
- 2+ years technical management & leadership experience
- Previous information security experience as a manager or individual contributor
- Proven experience with AWS & commonly used tools & frameworks for modern SaaS companies
- Very comfortable with the technical details of our work
- Very comfortable with working with stakeholders like Product, Legal, Sales, Marketing, & the rest of Engineering
- Youre interested in building defenses against real world attacks
- Able to balance diverse risk when making decisions
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.