Enterprise Security Engineer
Engineering @ Compass
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Security @ Compass
We are hands-on security engineers helping to build secure, resilient, & scalable web apps, mobile apps, & platform for the real estate industry. We work with a diverse set of teams to provide & support transparent & automated security tooling & services. We architect secure web products, perform simulated attacks, identify weaknesses, & work with teams to remediate & protect our products. You will lead our effort to build security as a service to drive safe-by-default environments & drive customer trust.
What you will do:
- Ensure our team members are empowered to work in safe-by-default environments on our enterprise technologies (SaaS, Endpoint, Network, BI Tools)
- Design, implement, & build security hardening mechanisms to keep the enterprise technologies secure & reliable (GSuite, OneLogin, Slack)
- Partner with enterprise technology to automate secure & scalable controls to Corporate IAM, Endpoint Management, Collaboration & Productivity Tools, & Office Networking
- Evaluate the security properties & risks of 3rd-party systems & services that we would integrate into our enterprise environment; provide advice & support for secure implementation
- Conduct regular security assessments on controls to iterate & improve the security posture
- Drive telemetry around user activity & device introspection across enterprise technologies
- Provide security guidance, resources, tooling, & support for new markets
Who you are:
- You are empathetic & accountable while helping contribute to improve the security program & our customers trust
- Able to communicate about security vulnerabilities & remediation techniques in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- You take an automation-first approach to everything you do. You understand the challenges of scale for security & leverage automation whenever possible
- Enjoy collaborating & performing threat modeling exercises to help design, build & automate secure workflows & controls via tools & scripting languages
- Knowledge & understanding of network & internet protocols with the ability to articulate how it functions when applied to the technologies we use (SAML, SCIM, OAuth, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience working & configuring security controls on endpoint Solutions (EDR & MDM), GSuite Administration, SSOs, Data Loss Prevention, & Network Firewalls
- Desire to grow & solve new challenges as Compass architecture rapidly evolves
- Comfortable teaching & leading development teams toward better security outcomes
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!