As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors & merchants worldwide to develop & deliver the support model for Visa This includes day-to-day operations & product support, back office support & customer performance reporting. Client Services includes several business units that support the structural foundation of the Visa Payments network to ensure the safety, security & integrity of the payment system & to support Visa clients in the development of their electronic payments business. The Visa Rules Management team establishes & enforces common interoperable rules, policies & standards for our products & services by which clients must operate their Visa programs.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying & resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level & requires strong execution & analytical abilities. This role works independently & receives minimal guidance.
The role is primarily accountable for executing the Visa Rules Management compliance programs, including reactive & proactive data quality compliance.
The role ensures that clients & their merchants or partners are compliant to the Visa rules, including technical/processing standards, monitors, investigates & validates the compliance status of clients and, where necessary, pursues corrective & negotiated action. The primary focus is to bring clients (and their merchants or partners) into compliance, following the rules & technical standards as appropriate. The role is responsible for negotiating compliance action plans with clients, using discretion within the regulatory framework, while assessing the impact on the Visa brand, the integrity of the network, the client's businesses & the feasibility of the suggested remedial action.
- Liaise with clients & Visa Sales Account Executives/Client Services Account Managers/subject matter experts globally to ensure client understanding & compliance with the Visa Rules, technical/processing standards & Charter Documents.
- Analysis of transaction data to identify non-compliant activity or trends.
- Responsible for ensuring all management information statistics & performance criteria & trends relating to compliance processing are collated, analyzed, published & fed back to team members to help define the compliance strategy for Visa globally & regionally.
- Tracking & control of compliance actions plans as submitted by clients & ensuring they are tracked to resolution.
- Apply industry knowledge of Visa's global market opportunities, consumers, clients & competition when carrying out compliance activity.
- Actively support a multi-cultural business & appreciation of all markets in which Visa conducts business.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, banking, audit or compliance is required.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Experience working with network/payment card rules.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge & ability to evaluate business compliance & adherence to relevant standards & able to make sound, rationale judgements & recommendations in carrying out compliance activity.
- Must possess excellent analytical & quantitative skills.
- Proven negotiation skills to manage internal & external parties & in the implementation of compliance actions in accordance with the procedures laid out in the Visa Rules & Charter Documents.
- High level of self-motivation, good judgment, diplomacy & tact, with the ability to work with staff at all levels of seniority throughout the organization.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, organization, & planning skills are essential.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, & manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated success in customer relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, & ability to effectively prioritize & multi-task under deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation & interpersonal skills are required.
- Reports to Senior Director, Global Visa Rules Management
Work Hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel up to 5% of the time.
Physical Requirements:This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 5% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.