Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Senior Manager, Product Marketing to craft product marketing strategy for Places & Pilgrim SDK, while collaborating with the PMM team across our ads business & Visits offering. In this role, you will translate the strategy & value proposition of the products into key messages & content that are used to drive leads & move prospects through the sales funnel. You will market to Engineers, Product Managers, App Developers, & Data Scientists by understanding their needs & how our solutions fulfill their goals.
Success in this role requires that you will work with stakeholders across Product, Client Strategy, Strategy, & Marketing by helping our growing sales land and/or expand our presence across target industries including retail, QSR, finance, mobility, & software (B2C & B2B).
- Messaging & positioning: develop product positioning & messaging that articulates the unique value of our Enterprise products
- Market intelligence: be the expert on the client buying process & experience, including how our competitors position & sell their products
- Product launches: work with cross-functional teams to design & execute product launches, feature updates, & partnership integrations to enterprise clients
- Lifecycle marketing: write, product & send internal & external communications to share product updates & promote marketing programs
- Sales support: create tools & collateral that support the selling process, from presentations & case studies, to web content & ebooks
- Strategic planning: partner with sales, product, sales operations, & marketing to develop & deploy annual & quarterly plans, signed to company's OKRs & strategic goals
- 5-7 years experience in B2B marketing, preferably within the technology & data sector
- Deep knowledge of the enterprise data landscape
- Strong quantitative skills: you understand how developers & analysts think, & can craft messages/materials that resonate with highly quantitative clients
- Marketing operations: General familiarity with Salesforce & other CRM tools (sales or marketing) is a plus, as well as experience working with Content Management Systems
- Technical proficiency: you dont need to be an engineer, but you should be able to explain how API & SDK work
- Copywriting: you are equally comfortable drafting long-form product marketing material, (e.g. case studies & white papers), & bullet point content for one-pagers & websites. You get excited by editing copy to make it more clear & concise.
- [Preferred] Digital marketing: you are comfortable crafting email marketing programs & know how to launch multichannel organic & paid media initiatives
- Client skills: You know how to evangelize our products to clients while gathering feedback on the effectiveness of our key messages/content
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.