Birchbox is seeking a passionate, creative, & thoughtful Designer to join our Digital Creative Team. We are changing the way people discover e-commerce products & we want someone who cant wait to play a huge role in defining & designing these new experiences.
As Designer on our digital team, you will be responsible for the conception & design of email & on-site marketing campaigns, landing pages, & evergreen branded promotions. This is a great opportunity to create high-impact designs & be an integral part of a dynamic in-house creative team!
The ideal candidate is fluent in digital best practices & familiar with current design trends in the e-commerce space. You attend to the tiny details without losing site of the big picture, & are comfortable quickly iterating your way to a final, polished design solution. The ability to work quickly under pressure & turn around designs on tight deadlines is crucial. There's a lot to get done & the right candidate will be energized by the chance to create designs that will be seen by hundreds of thousands of people!
This is not a UX or Experience Design role: however, it is predominantly designing digital assets.
*Please note that this is a 3-month contract to hire role.*
- Concept & execute designs for brand communications across multiple channels
- Own the design, production & upkeep of digital assets
- Collaborate with marketing, photo, & print departments to create beautiful & visually consistent experiences across media
- Analyze, refine & push our existing designs to make them better
- Understand the Birchbox brand & ensure that it is upheld through all digital experiences
- Mentor & guide junior level designers
- 4-5 years of design experience
- A strong portfolio that includes digital work
- Great typography skills
- Familiarity with the latest digital design trends
- Basic understanding of web production best practices
- The ability to seamlessly balance long term projects with daily design needs
- Strong communication skills & a precise attention to details
- Masterful skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- An innovative spirit & excitement about evolving the Birchbox brand
- Team player who is eager to continue learning & push their design skill set beyond digital applications
- E-commerce experience is a plus!
We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.