As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Solution Design Organization is looking for a senior, highly accomplished, visionary Solutions Architect that is passionate about building scalable, secure & highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment.
As the Lead ofSolution Architecture, you provide strategic architecture leadership to the Solution Design organization for large complex projects. You understand the business imperatives tied to strategic initiatives. You provide technology leadership & are the technical expert to ensure logical & physical architecture achieve desired service objectives (example: availability, response time, volume targets). You align to business strategy on innovative payment acceptance, integrated commerce management, powerful risk management & marketing tools as examples. You maintain awareness of dependencies between new & existing platforms & assess risk that may cause single points of failure or capacity & performance concerns. You work within your team to support strategic goalsto improve design & drive process efficiency, knowledge, customer satisfaction, innovation, & automation in the overall landscape of infrastructure planning & infrastructure provisioning.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Proven ability to develop detailed infrastructuresolution designs.
- Understands Architecture Constructs - (Architecture & Design patterns, protocols SOAP, REST, etc.), Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrate SME skills across two technology domains that may include: Compute, Storage, Network, Middleware, Database, or Cybersecurity.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale & cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, & facilitation skills
- Certification in TOGAF preferred
- Establish team Strategy & Execution plans to drive efficiency, effectiveness of people, process, & technology.
- Demonstrate & Drive improvements in measured value of solution architecture
- Formalize proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets & 3rd party technologies
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership & external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, & to deliver quality of infrastructure services
- Analyze current service/platform architecture to identify weaknesses & develop opportunities for
- Utilize data-driven approaches & methodologies to reduce IT process gaps & enhance process effectiveness through automation
- Ability to review complex processes, manage customer service & provide regular technical reports both verbal & statistical showing status of ongoing projects & goals
- Ensure strong process workflow in the documentation of solution architecture design & analysis work
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.