All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders, an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage startup that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines, & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics, & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful, & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
The Site Merchandiser will be responsible for developing & managing the Boxed customer shopping experience through product categorization, positioning, & organization, & ensuring that the site merchandising strategy aligns with the overall business objectives. You will maintain optimal product visibility on the site & apps, & make adjustments based on sales history, search trends, seasonality, & available inventory. This role is full-time & based in New York, reporting to the VP of Merchandising.
- WE PUT CUSTOMERS FIRST - The goals of the customer are at the heart of what we do. They depend on us to deliver what they need, when they need it, to make their lives better & more productive.
- WE HOLD OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE - Although weve done it as a team, individual contributions are the foundation on which weve built Boxed & the key to its future successes. That success is entrusted to you. And it shows in our commitment to our clients. And to one another.
- WE ARE DATA DRIVEN ALWAYS - We use data to take action. We arent paralyzed by it. Data & analytics, along with our seasoned, sound judgment, allows us to move fast, measure & (re)iterate).
- WE ARE RESILIENT AND ADAPTIVE - We know, if we arent changing, we arent innovating. If we arent innovating, then were not Boxed. To stay ahead, we must challenge the norm & embrace new ideas as well as our ways of thinking
- WE DO GOOD WELL - We do whats right for people everywhere, through our own innovation, as well as industry best practices. We put whats right before the bottom line. Ignited by our passion, we unlock profitability while doing good for every customer.
- Be responsible for the visual merchandising of the Boxed homepage, landing pages, category pages, & any new product discovery features.
- Drive improvements to the site structure, linking, etc to create the revenue opportunities that directly affect the bottomline.
- Partner with Product on strategies to improve discovery (including taxonomy, navigation, & filtering), ensure optimal site presentation, & support multi-channel efforts
- Partner with Marketing & Category Management to establish exposure plans for key marketing & partnership priorities, as well as product launches & retirement
- Spearhead cross-functional seasonal planning process to develop & maintain site content calendar & quarterly framework, ensuring alignment on seasonal campaign anchors, balance of themes, & all deadlines are met
- Develop & monitor KPIs that support data-driven decision making around site layout, content placement, & optimization of website content to deliver on business objectives
- Quickly develop intimate knowledge of the 2,500+ SKUs within the Boxed inventory.
- At least 4 years of direct site merchandising experience in an eCommerce or consumer-facing environment
- At least 2 years performing site audits ensuring accuracy of categories, products, filters, inventory alignment etc.
- A track record of metrics driven results that verify your position of delivering a first class online shopping experience for your customers year round.
- Solid understanding of online shopping experiences & competitive landscape, bulk and/or grocery market a plus
- Love of storytelling & a strong editorial point of view
- Working knowledge of UX principles, site usability, responsive web & mobile experiences
- Strong focus on metrics, KPIs, & testing, with working knowledge of SQL a plus
- Degree in marketing, business, communications, or equivalent experience
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!
- This role is required in order to focus on conversion by exposing products & content throughout the top level pages of the site & apps with the goals of helping customers to discover relevant & inspiring products, improving findability for directed shoppers, & persuading them to make a purchase.
- Needed to create, drive, & execute short & long range category strategies onsite.
- Maximize product & content positioning in each section of the home page, landing pages, category pages, & curated PLPs.
- Looking at New & Repeat Customer performance if coming through the Home Page only
- Using a 5.8% lift in CVR & 5.2% lift in AOV
- Brings in an incremental gross profit of $29K for new customers & $57K for repeat customers
- Total of $86K in annualized ROI just in home page performance alone (does not yet include category & landing pages as well as other product discoverability & findability improvements)