Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications & infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily & securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America & Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces & customers
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity & access management, & help customer migrate to cloud based identity & access management solution.
Our elite team is fast, innovative & flexible, with a weekly, agile release cycle. They are eager to grow & to create impacts to world around us. They are open minded, constantly propose stimulating new projects & explore/adopt emerging technologies.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the UD Platform engineering team that builds common services for importing & syncing user, device, & entitlement data. These features allow customers the flexibility to link or enhance their business processes with Oktas identity management product. We are looking for smart, innovative & passionate engineers to join the team & help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion & great pride in elegant solutions & will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, & an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative & flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle & individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers & reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies & the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design & implementation
- Conduct code reviews, analysis & performance tuning
- Implement unit & functional tests
- Interface with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services, Tech Ops
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years software development experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience building fast, reliable applications at an enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Deep understanding of infrastructure level technologies: caching, stream processing, resilient architectures
- Experience working with relational databases, ideally MySQL
- Expertise in Java
- Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate.
- Experience working with user data stores such as AD & LDAP
- Experience leveraging cloud computing services such as AWS
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication & authorization a plus
Education & Training:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree majoring in computer science