Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Software Analyst, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
A position has become available for a full time Software Analyst in the Application Support team within Visa's Technology division based in Reading. There may be some occasional travel to offices in Basingstoke & Paddington. This team is responsible for provision of 2nd level technical application support, performing incident/problem diagnosis & resolution for a range of Unix-based systems. These systems are developed in a variety of languages; shell scripting is required, & Perl, Big Data technology experience is particularly useful. Typically, the issues escalated to the team are complex & span across technologies, networks & hardware. The jobholder therefore requires a broad & high degree of technical knowledge across multiple platforms & technologies. The jobholder will be placed in a position of making immediate application & platform decisions which impact applications & provide a 24 x 7 hour technical call-out facility for those systems that the team administers, maintains or provides support to.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Resolve complex & system impacting incidents occurring on the applications supported by the team, providing application/service expertise & knowledge, & liaising with appropriate teams when required, in line with the agreed service levels.
- Participate in a 24/7/365 on-call rota & resolve incidents under a high pressure environment.
- Be a subject matter expert on the operation of the applications supported by the team.
- Lead & manage the problems assigned to the application support team.
- Lead as IT operational representative for the supported applications with other IT teams, Visa departments, suppliers, vendors & members.
- Represent Visa with its clients during Customer Support/Service Implementation activities & extend support of member facing applications via site visits, conference calls & e-mails.
- Contribute in the definition & implementation of processes for the support of existing/new services in line with service level agreements
- Build working relationships & improve communication with other teams mainly Visa Business, Operations & IT staff & product vendors, including a close working relationship with 3rd level development teams. This may also include some aspects of testing code fixes & new releases where appropriate.
- Represent Operations & Support in the contribution to the development/build life-cycle of new services, ensuring they are supportable through knowledge transfer/training/documentation/monitoring & processes/procedures.
- Self-managed in maintaining knowledge about the systems they support
What we're after
- Educated to degree level (preferably in an IT related discipline) is usual for this type of role. Equivalent qualifications and/or experience are also acceptable.
- Practical experience of application support in a large, high availability environment
- Self-starter, able to self-learn, driven to understand systems in deep technical detail
- Ability to diagnose & perform appropriate analysis & resolve complex technical problems under high pressure
- Proven ability to implement & manage processes
- Strong focus on reducing incident recurrence, task automation & service improvement
- Shows adaptability & an enthusiastic can-do' attitude with all work & in all types of environments
- Strong team-player, collegial, collaborative.
- Experience of being on an intensive standby/on-call rota with high-pressure call-outs & flexibility to support team members 24/7.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication & strong customer focus
Essential technical skills required:
- Unix operating system commands (to a high level)
- Unix shell scripting (KSH or BASH, awk/sed, perl)
- Extensive 2nd level application support experience required. 3rd level development experience is desirable but not essential.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.