Pager delivers a doctor in your family healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors & other members of the care team together through text, voice & video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services & solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes & healthier lives. Started in 2014 & based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology & healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Pager is looking for a Controller to be an integral part of our finance team. This is an ideal position for someone who is a problem solver, hardworking, ambitious & isn't afraid to roll up his/her sleeve. You will be working along-side our CEO to continue to build out our finance team as well as the accounting operation & financial reporting function setting the structural foundation of Pagers finance team for the future.
- Manage monthly close process & all aspects of financial reporting
- Design & make continuous improvements to management & investor reporting packages
- Play a key role in the financial budgeting process; monitor & analyze operating results against budget & provide insights for potential improvements
- Lead the efforts in ERP & key accounting systems assessment & implementation
- Maintain cap table & all other aspects of stock administration
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, & reporting financial data.
- Develop & implement efficient processes & that will scale with the company
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, & enforcing internal controls
- Work collaboratively with all other departments to ensure seamless operations & information flow
- Coordinate with an external specialist to provide support for financial audit, tax filings, 409A valuation, insurance & other requests as required
- Oversee daily accounting operations performed by the Senior Accountant, including AR, AP, cash, & payroll
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or a related field of study, CPA required
- 5-8 years of accounting/audit-related work experience
- Experience working in a hands-on, start-up environment
- Big 4 experience is a must
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Proficiency in Excel & Powerpoint
- Critical thinker with strong attention to details
- Highly motivated, driven & proactive
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, ability to articulate issues & solutions to all levels of management
NICE TO HAVES
- Prior experience working at a large financial institution
- Exposure to software business companies
- Experience with mid-size ERP (Netsuite/Intacct) system implementation
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.