BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE
As the Sales Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of running a region of Corporate Account Executives, selling to prospective & existing customers. The key objectives of the role are to drive new revenue from potential & existing customers.
The Sales Manager role will report directly to the Director of Corporate Sales. The role requires a purposeful & deliberate leader that can build & execute strategic plans to consistently achieve targets. You will manage a growing team that is responsible for regionally covering thousands of whitespace & install accounts. You will leverage our robust development program to further AE development & ultimately exceed quota expectations. To do this you will need to:
- Develop a high-performance sales team that is passionate about selling
- Design & execute the customer engagement strategy
- Interview & hire top talent when needed
- Work closely with cross-functional departments, including field sales teams, technical selling resources, sales operations, marketing & product management
- Work with sales enablement to design & implement the programs necessary for the Inside Sales Team to be highly effective in their selling efforts
- Broadly implement the sales skills in the Business Value Selling methodology
- Manage day-to-day performance of ISRs delivering feedback, coaching & performance reviews, as required
- Maintain all reporting & dashboards that ensure a metrics-driven approach to managing & growing the business
- Work with sales leadership to generate ideas for sales contests & motivational initiatives.
- Embody company culture & maintain high sales employee engagement.
- Collaborate with IT on sales technology initiatives.
- Meet predetermined revenue goals through the activities of direct reports.
- Ensure account managers leverage the full breadth & scope of sales applications, including SFDC, ISDC, data.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Sendbloom, Aviso, Callidus, Anaplan & others
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE
- At least two years as an inside sales rep
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in front-line inside sales management
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding sales & performance targets
- Experience in smart selection of people able to attract, recruit & retain top talent
- Must have a can do attitude & have an internal strong sense of urgency
- Sound & proven business & leadership judgment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task & manage multiple competing priorities
- Able to manage a business unit strategically through thorough planning & organizing
- Bachelor degree in business or finance (completed or in process MBA preferred)
- Solid vision
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.