Bonobos is looking for a Platform Architect who is excited to help build experiences that surprise & delight our customers.
Youll be pushing Bonobos forward while helping solve difficult current technology problems. The Platform Architect will design & architect the technical foundation to keep Bonobos focused on the customer experience. This role serves as the key influencer in setting technical strategy & designs, develops, & delivers solutions to provide new capabilities & solve complex business problems. Youll own key relationships both up & downstream of the delivery teams to ensure delivery & seek input frominternal & external thought leaders. Youll combine this knowledge to develop a strategy that provides an innovative & scalable DNVB platform & ensure delivery against it. You understand that leadership is not something you do from far away; you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey & are able to influence & coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
What youll do
- Conceptualize, design, & implement the platform for omni-channel retail operations & technology systems & capabilities, that serve as long-term building blocks for all Bonobos solutions
- Be responsible for engaging with technical & business stakeholders to understand business needs, articulate the architectural vision, & guide teams in solution delivery
- Cover the areas of product design, development, manufacture & fulfillment, & the technology systems & capabilities supporting those business functions
- Work closely with Product Management & Engineering teams to understand business requirements & performance requirements in order to make sound architectural decisions regarding:
-Public cloud service offerings (IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS services as well high-level product offerings such, as AWS Sagemaker, Cognito, GuardDuty)
-Infrastructure as Software (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
-Modern security practices Modern API platform design Modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, & integrating real time analytics into customer applications)
-Modern development frameworks & approaches (e.g. Microservices, single page applications, native app frameworks, low-code platforms)
-Organizational skills & consulting abilities that: Develop & evolve technology strategy, aligned to & prioritized by business objectives
- Partner with Product, UX, Engineering, Ops, Data & Delivery leadership & teams to deliver business value through technology inside a Lean/Agile culture & delivery framework
- Evolve enterprise architecture on modern evolutionary platform architecture principles & practices
- Develop & communicate measurements of platform progress & business impact
- Support organizational changes in regard to capability development, restructuring toward product-centric team models, & transitioning to modern agile SDLC practices
- Communicate technical decisions to non-technical audiences & build consensus around them
- Lead the research, selection & adoption of technologies to support the platform goals
- Evangelize business benefits & impact of the platform as well as the value of modern delivery & engineering practices
- Support strategy & Product Managers in developing technology roadmaps, including effectively evaluating build/rent/buy decisions
- Have 10+ years of experience in various application development/architecture roles
- Experienced working using Agile methodology & in fast paced environment
- Have at least 8 years experience developing/architecting solutions on large eCommerce platforms such as: WebSphere Commerce, Demandware, ATG, Hybris or similar in both B2C & B2B
- Consider yourself a great visual communicator & are able to create architectural documents that describe systems, integrations, software delivery approaches, data relationships, invocation sequencing, networking & other key concepts using tools like Viso / Draw.io etc.
- Have proven ability in fostering an environment that empowers teams & facilitates the development of the Technology organization, setting everyone up to deliver their best work
- Are a collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based & in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- Can offer a competitive compensation & benefits package
- Create an environment that values honesty, transparency & respect
- Have random acts of team-wide fun including in-office happy hours, board game nights, bar nights, book club, & "Camp Bonobos"
- Are excited to hear from you