Company Description Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Corporate Communications Manager, based in Miami, is a strategic communicator, savvy in external communications & employee engagement. He/she is responsible for overall corporate communications support to plan & rollout in-country external & internal communications in multiple markets across the Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) region.
The communications manager will be a strong advisor to geography & function leaders, a member of the Latin America & Caribbean corporate communications team & a committed collaborator within the function & across the organization, regionally & globally.
A strong storyteller, he/she finds appealing ways for Visa messages to resonate with internal & external audiences. With solid corporate communications, external communications, issues management, internal communications & social media skills, & solid media & stakeholder contacts in the region, the communications manager is committed to drive business growth with strategic communications.
Passionate about communications, he/she drives change & innovation, & is excited to be part of the company leading the transformation of the payments technology sector.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- The right candidate will have 5+ years of experience in Corporate Communications/PR, preferably both in-house & within agency. Fluent English & Spanish is a must. Good writing skills in both languages.
- High-level knowledge of communications functions, in particular reputation management, external & internal communications, content development, social media & communications measurement.
- In-market experience & knowledge of the Andean region communications landscape, strong experience in messaging & content development for Andean Region markets.
- Strong media contacts in Colombia & Peru required. Additional contacts in other Andean Region markets, a plus.
- Experience of drivers of public opinion in Colombia & Peru; other Andean Region markets, & Caribbean & Central American markets experience is a plus.
- General knowledge of payments technology sector or related global industry.
- Inquisitive with strong independent, can-do attitude
- Confident & assertive
- Self-driven & focused on delivering excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively
Proven team player
External communications - geographies (70%)
- Develop & execute external communications plans in support of the business in the Caribbean & Central America, & in the Andean region, in tandem with the sub-geography communications lead.
- Plan, execute & staff in-country corporate communications events, with focus on media relations. Manage relationships with corporate communications vendors, including public relations agencies & event management support, & across functions. This requires close coordination with sub-geography communications lead, & aims at addressing ongoing growth in the volume of initiatives implemented across the regions.
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with media outlets, key opinion leaders & external stakeholders across the region.
- Plan & support thought leadership initiatives; identify, evaluate & recommend speaking opportunities for Visa executives. Develop & adapt briefing materials for spokespeople.
- Provide communications counsel to geography leaders & support cross-functional initiatives.
External communications - functions (20%)
- Content development of communications materials for external audiences to support communications of multiple functions in LAC, such as Visa Consulting & Analytics. The materials will be primarily used for media outreach & should consider integration of multimedia content for storytelling.
- The content will be developed in either Spanish and/or English as appropriate depending on the local & international usage & approval processes.
- The outreach & rollout of content use will be coordinated with corporate communications geography leaders.
Internal communications (10%)
- Support client communications efforts across LAC, primarily related to content development & distribution of materials to client-facing staff, for client communications.
- Support the ongoing growth of culture, engagement initiatives & internal communications, developing & coordinating the execution of turnkey internal communications for implementation in multiple markets across LAC.
- Draft, edit & secure distribution of regional internal communications materials for usage in multiple channels.
- Plan, create, execute & staff internal events in the LAC hub & across LAC as required, working in tandem with employee communications lead for LAC.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.