Our Business Insights & Operations team delivers strategy, operations, & technology to wow customers in each & every interaction.
As a Summer Associate of our Biz Insights & Operations team, you will have the opportunity to partner with business leaders across our Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, & Biz Dev/Partnerships teams to set the right goals & achieve them. We are seeking & training future General Managers / COOs who can make impact from day one.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
You will solve our hardest business problems -- from diagnosing issues, surfacing data, to devising recommendations, to executing to get results. You will work with our front-line team members & cross-functional partners in Engineering, Product, Design, Finance, Data Science & more to better understand friction points in our business, solve them, & build for scale.
Past Summer Associates have helped define our Marketing strategy, improved our growth acquisition & campaign efforts, managed the biggest product launch of our year, & supported our business technology strategy/architecture. In each, we have tailored the summer work to our business needs, what you are great at, & what you are interested in.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Serve as strategic & analytical horsepower for for Biz, which consists of Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, & Biz Dev/Partnerships team
- Hypothesis-driven problem solving to drive our business
- Develop & manage project plans for company-wide initiatives
- Provide business insights & recommendations based on data that will drive our strategy
- Build & implement scalable processes
- Get your hands dirty & troubleshoot issues that arise
Heres what we're looking for:
- Current student pursuing an MBA, expecting to graduate Spring 2022
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in operating roles at growing startups, biz ops roles, and/or consulting with structured business problem-solving training
- Grit, hustle, & fire for making things right no one will outwork you
- Fast learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment & gets things done
- Executive presence & ability to partner with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong organization & prioritization skills with intense attention to detail
- Deep empathy & obsession for our small business customers
- Demonstrated passion for helping others
In your cover letter, please include
- A paragraph on why you are interested in this position
- A paragraph on something you do "with Gusto"
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.