MakerBot is looking for a UI/UX Designer to join the product team in Brooklyn, NY. You will be working across all of MakerBots 3D printing products to design & shape our user experience, including our digital products MakerBot Cloudprint, Thingiverse, onboard printer interfaces, & more. You will be the advocate for the user within the product team. Were looking for candidates who are passionate about design, thrive on tackling complex technical challenges, & eager to venture into uncharted design territory to shape the future of 3D printing.
In addition to these core competencies, we are looking for someone who enjoys learning new skills & working with the rest of the design team in defining + developing a unified design & brand across hardware, software, packaging, website, & marketing content.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Engineers, & Product Managers throughout the design process; creating user flows & wireframes to building user interface mockups & prototypes.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Portfolio showcasing multiple projects that demonstrates designing usable digital interfaces, & relevant user flows.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- A degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Ability to lead & ideate products from scratch & improve features, all with a user-centered design process.
- An expert in Sketch or Figma & Adobe creative suite.
- Experience in data driven design; gathering & evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product managers & engineers.
Design Team Skill Set
- Infectious spirit of creativity & innovative thinking
- Strong visual, written, & verbal communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Successfully handle several projects concurrently
- Ability to present work in a compelling manner
- Self-motivated with a high level of responsibility & professionalism
- Proficient communication skills in English (verbal, written & presentation)
NIce to Haves
- Experience with 3D printing, modeling, or CAD design.
- Skills in communicating & influencing product design strategy.
- Experience working with IoT ecosystems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills & familiarity with technical constraints & limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop & mobile (i.e. Android & iOS).
- Desired Software Skills: Sketch or Figma , Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides or Microsoft Office, & InVision.
- Bonus Software Skills: CAD (Solidworks, Rhino, Alias, etc), Adobe Premiere / Flash / After Effects, Keyshot, Programming
Sometimes, its the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
This is an on-site, full-time salaried position located in our Brooklyn office. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.