Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing & self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data & put Pures technology literally in the drivers seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, & modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture & commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, & investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Puritans come from various backgrounds & we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas & has helped us build one of the most reliable & easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best & brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative & transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
About the Role
The Pure Storage Principal Systems Engineer (PSE) is a senior level technical Systems Engineer with broad, deep industry experience. The Principal has a great grasp of industry trends & a high degree of business acumen. This role focuses on up-leveling the Systems Engineering field teams, mentoring SEs & serving as a technical thought leader across the geography. The Principal SE is also a crossfunctional role & has responsibility for roadmap delivery, collaborating with the field CTOs, providing feedback to Engineering & Product Management & representing Pure in regional events.
The PSE demonstrates expert-level knowledge of the storage industry & adjacent markets. Serves as a senior member of the Systems Engineering team & operates in close relationship with the SE Manager, developing & mentoring the SE team, driving the largest opportunities & sales campaigns across the region, own regional roadmap responsibilities, represent Pure at regional industry or marketing events, aid in developing the technical prowess of the region while developing Executive level relationships in the top strategic customers in the region. Work is non-routine & complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
We are looking for a FlashBlade PSE in the Northeast territory. The PSE is responsible, as the field expert, for formulating & leading pre-sales technical/ functional support activity to prospective FlashBlade partners, clients & customers, while ensuring customer focus & satisfaction.
What you will be doing
Primary Duties, Roles & Responsibilities (Not Limited To:)
- Responsible for providing assistance & guidance to the sales region, delivering the best technology solutions in a dynamically evolving hyper-competitive environment. As required, leads any & all aspects of the technical sales process.
- Become a trusted & collaborative conduit/liaison between customers, partners, sales, engineering, & product management.
- Identify key trends while mapping customer challenges/needs with Pure Storages business & technology strategy.
- Inspire/Ignite excitement both internally & externally surrounding Pures vision & ability to execute.
- Ability to speak with confidence on technical subjects, market needs & conditions.
- Credible, customer focused technical resource, with the ability to align/articulate technology to business value to a variety of different audiences.
- In depth knowledge of the storage market & competitors. Predict long-term competitive trends, & shifts in the market; Maintains both broad & deep technical expertise across the storage industry, including Pure & relevant competitive offerings.
- Leading contributor individually & as a team member, providing direction & mentoring to others. Provide technical leadership & mentoring for the SE organization, Acts as a lead technical resource & mentor to the field SE organization.
- Representing Pure at industry events & key Pure marketing events within the region; fully engaged in field marketing (customer, partner).
- Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities, which require creative & complex solutions.
- Assists in developing programs, productivity tools & training for the field SE organization.
- Assists in developing, creation & delivery of excellent presentations & demonstrations.
- Advise internal & external clients on overall architecture & solutions. Ability to influence through presentations, demonstrations, & verbal/written communication.
- Provides direction & specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business.
Leadership & Business:
- Responsible for supporting & mentoring of SEs, assisting in knowledge development expansion of field technical resources within the channel by providing technical training sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead discussions through business value, aligning to technical strategy.
- Leading contributor individually & as a team member, providing direction & mentoring to others. Work is non-routine & very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Through understanding & analysis of TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), ROI (Return on Investment) & their applications across the Pure portfolios.
- Pure Cultural Ambassador, assisting in maintaining the company culture, to continue to retain & attract top technical talent.
- Identify customers business needs & align towards technical goals of the company while able to align & assign priorities.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years (industry relevant) vendor (pre-sales, technical) experience.
- 7+ years business experience with relevant storage, computer applications, File/Object, high performance architectures.
- Strong understanding in storage & flash memory technologies.
- Strong innovative disposition.
- Application experience around real time analytics, AI/ML.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal & written communication & organizational skills: needs analysis, positioning, & business justification, project management.
- Thorough knowledge/experience of systems, infrastructures & application infrastructures & design.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Extensive product experience across technology vendor(s), with recognized impact & advancement of responsibility.
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, & File/Object technologies; Ability to articulate & demonstrate advanced product features.
- Understanding of the high performance architectures (real time analytics, AI/ML, etc)
- Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations, demonstrations & benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference.
- Strong executive presence & ability to evangelize momentums with a wide range of dispositions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization(s).
- Proficient in working towards results, with ownership & accountability & the ability to change pace & focus in a dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development & career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development & more! Were here to change the world & we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation & benefit programs that enable innovation & growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits & perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, & employee resource groups all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind & body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.