Were on a mission to help get everyone a job they love. Find the job you love here at Hired!
Hired is an end to end SaaS hiring platform that makes it possible for companies & candidates to join together for an optimal matching experience. We combine our intelligent job matching algorithm with unbiased career counseling to help a wide breadth of diverse technical talent find a job they love.Through Hired, our candidates & customers gain insight into everything from sourcing & skills assessments to salary offers & benefits, providing full transparency into the hiring process.
Founded in 2012, Hired is headquartered in San Francisco with offices across the United States, Canada, France & the UK. The company is backed by Lumia Capital, Sierra Ventures & other leading investors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hired is built with React & Ruby on Rails, with various sets of custom & out-of-the-box tooling to support the business side of our operations. Our services are deployed to Heroku & AWS. Our development philosophy celebrates test-driven development, continuous integration & deployment, & agile processes such as sprint planning, iterative development, & retrospectives. This role will be based out of our newly expanded Toronto office, working as part of a team based in San Francisco.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on various projects critical to Hireds continued growth & success. Our engineers are versatile & self-motivated, can work in a self-directed manner or in a collaborative setting as needed, & display leadership qualities. We value a diversity of perspectives & encourage healthy discussion & debate, but unite behind our decisions.
Acquisition is responsible for bringing new employers & candidates onto the Hired.com recruiting platform. We use a combination of A|B testing, user experience optimizations, & creative content to improve funnel conversion across a wide variety of B2B & B2C channels. Our goal is to help people find jobs that theyll love, & companies find great new hires.
At Hired, engineers provide input on everything they ship, & are dedicated to building a great experience - one we would want for ourselves, as many of us were once on the platform as candidates. We track every feature we release to ensure were making a measurable impact on candidate or employer conversion & satisfaction.
We are a cross-functional team including engineers, product management, & design, & collaborate often with marketing & sales. We work closely & are serious about the work... but we dont take ourselves too seriously.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 4+ years experience full-stack development building real world web applications
- Experience designing, architecting & planning systems & applications
- Exemplary written & verbal communication skills & experience working on tight, cross-functional teams; ability to map problem-solution space & explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Comfort with ambiguity & change in a dynamic, self-directed environment
- Experience with various database systems & event-driven/message-driven architectures
- Passion for learning new technologies fast
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
THESE WOULD ALSO BE NICE
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with React ecosystem tools, such as form helpers, state managers, & UI component libraries.
- Experience with experimentation & rapid prototyping within a larger organization
- Experience on a growth, acquisition or marketing or sales support team. (B2C or B2B is fine - our team supports both!)
- Experience in startups or pre-IPO companies.
- Experience with one or more of the following: A|B testing, referral programs, SEO, paid marketing, in-product conversion rate optimization, user analytics, email marketing.
- Read the above list & got excited about other ideas we should consider exploring.
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, & dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
We believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work on a day-to-day basis we become happier, more comfortable, more confident & more excited to do great things for our company, each other, our product & our users. Hired aims to both build an internal team as well as help our clients build their teams with talent from all different backgrounds & lifestyles.
Hired is committed to building a diverse, equitable & inclusive workforce. Hired is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome & consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records for employment.