Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about designing & operating secure systems at scale.
We are looking for someone who is familiar with our stack, understands our tools, is comfortable working remote, enjoys working in open source, & is excited about our mission.
At DO, we believe in: Creating simple, yet powerful, foundations (with ) from which our community can build.The Systems Engineering team delivers on this mission by ensuring DigitalOceans operating system & virtualization stack is a reliable & performant foundation for product offerings.
Our Stack: Python, C, Chef, Go, libvirt, Linux, KVM, OVS, QEMU
Our Tools: docker, k8s, Prometheus, Concourse, Elasticsearch, GSuite, Jira, Slack
Our Team: Systems QA Engineering is part of the Systems Engineering group. The Systems Engineering group is currently made up of about thirty, mostly senior, engineers located across the US, Canada, & Germany with two engineers in the NY office & is supported by a Senior Engineering Manager. The QA Engineering sub-team is part of the Systems Tooling & Automation team supported by an Engineering Manager.
What Youll Be Doing:
While work will vary based on quarterly priorities & initiatives, some examples include:
- Development of regression analysis testing automation
- Developing & maintaining CI/CD pipelines for Systems software stack
- Development of telemetry for fleet failure analysis
- Triaging & fixing operating system issues impacting the reliability of product offerings
- Collaborating with cloud operation & SRE teams to reduce fleet failures related to systems software stack
- 5-20% of your time is spent on innovation, education, and/or open source
What Well Expect From You:
- Professional experience in QA engineering
- Experience in developing test automation at scale
- Experience as a developer / QA engineer in a large scale, distributed environment
- Experience writing secure, testable & robust code
- Understanding of Linux & OS internals
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!