Who are we?
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL games, all major soccer leagues, & a wide range of college & other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, & entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, & Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku & Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for exceptional Android Engineers with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a Software Engineer on our Android Team, you will work with our top-notch Design & Product teams to build smooth, native experiences using modern methodologies & frameworks.
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous integration & deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, & agile (with a lowercase a) methodologies.
Our Android tech stack:
- Dagger, Retrofit, Espresso, RxJava, Room, Jetpack, Kotlin & Java
- Android Studio + Code Coverage + CI
fuboTV Software Engineers have the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain & improve software systems
- Collaborate with other engineers & members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities & best practices, & refine functional requirements
All fuboTV Android Software Engineers must:
- Have experience in working on at least one Android mobile applications that have been submitted to Google Play Store.
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Have a strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, & how to deal with different screen sizes
- Be familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, & best practices
Bonus qualifications for Android Software Engineer:
- Knowledge of Dagger, Retrofit, Espresso, RxJava, Room or Jetpack
- Designed or worked on Android app with MVP, MVVM or Clean architecture
- Worked on AndroidTV, FireTV or Fire tablet application
- Wrote Android applications with Kotlin
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving startup environment in which individual contributors are trusted & depended upon to set technical direction
- Believe that work-life balance is a characteristic of highly functioning engineering teams
- Enjoy learning new things & sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying & removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving & receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.