Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center & business by unifying data from multiple sources & enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent & personalized service & support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, & UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum & Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, & is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures & Social Leverage.
About the Role
As the Director of Business Development, you will oversee the team & drive an efficient operation in partnership with the VP of Marketing. Our Business Development team is responsible for partnering with the sales team to deliver quality pipeline. To do this, Business Development Representatives identify ideal prospects, contact these prospects through strategic prospecting initiatives, qualify prospects with a proven methodology, & partner closely with Account Executives to deliver qualified pipeline.
You'll be responsible for:
- Establishing best practices, tools & processes for lead follow up & outbound prospecting
- Managing & tracking your teams performance using our CRM tools & technology stack
- Working closely with marketing & sales leadership to develop marketing campaigns & account-based marketing initiatives
- Continually optimizing sales cadences & collateral that drive results
- Collaborating regularly with sales leaders to discuss best practices for building pipeline
- Creating development plans to hire & maintain talent
- Continuously managing performance through proper coaching, development of sales skills, competitive positioning, motivation, goal setting & general direction.
- Using technology (CRM, sales engagement, data services) to track progress against goals & improve productivity
- 3+ years of management experience, preferably leading, building, & scaling sales development organizations in a fast-paced, highly competitive software sales environment
- Strong quantitative skills to measure, manage, & optimize activity & productivity
- A passion for developing talent & coaching a team to success while building an energetic environment where people love to come to work every day
- Strong innovation skills - you will think of innovative ways to boost conversion rates & drive revenue
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach a resolution & maintain strong relationships
- Strength in working cross-functionally including executive management, sales, operations, & marketing teams
- Proven track record of delivering on aggressive sales pipeline targets
- Ability to design career paths for the sales development organization
- Experience in leveraging CRM software, preferably Salesforce, to manage high performing teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to coach individuals on how to engage potential customers over email, phone, & other communication methods
- A strong personality that doesnt shy away from challenges
- Experience setting metrics for teams & holding them accountable for exceeding them
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, & a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: