Position: Vice President, Research Writer
Department: Fund Management & Research
Location: New York City or Greenwich, Connecticut
Who We Are:
iCapital Network is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. With 380-plus employees, iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019 & 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role:
We are seeking to hire a Vice President to help with the development of research papers, blogs, articles & other content focused on alternative investments. This person will be responsible for creating outlines, gathering supporting research & data, & drafting the material. The role will entail significant writing & will require extensive experience in the private capital markets. This individual will sit within the Fund Management & Research Group.
- Perform extensive research on industry trends & investment strategies
- Work with the senior research team to refine concepts & themes for research papers
- Draft detailed outlines based on input from the senior team
- Write initial drafts of papers, blogs, articles, etc. covering a broad array of topics including private capital, hedge funds, impact investing, digital currencies, asset allocation, etc.
- Maintain existing content, including updating data & providing new information to keep content fresh & relevant
- Help organize & prioritize the production of content
- Actively cover investment trends in the alternatives industry & suggest new areas of research to the senior team
- At least 7 years of total experience across alternative investments, particularly the private capital markets
- Exceptional writing skills; ability to efficiently & consistently generate high quality content & to quickly distill concepts into clear & concise text
- Candidate should be able to provide extensive writing samples & demonstrate ability to compose content that is accessible & reader friendly
- Ability to independently conduct research & problem solve
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a professional & collaborative manner
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: CapitalIQ, PitchBook, Preqin
- This could be an ideal role for an experienced professional in private equity who loves to write & is looking for a change of pace. Relevant backgrounds might include work at a PE firm as an investment professional or in investor relations, at a placement agent focused on PE, consultant/gatekeeper firm, public pension fund or sovereign fund with an active PE co-investment program, and/or law firm with focus on PE transactions.
We offer a wide range of benefits including a competitive total rewards program including equity for all full-time employees, an employer matched retirement plan, & generously subsidized healthcare, including 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling. iCapital also offers generous paid time off (PTO) including unlimited sick time as well as parental leave.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our NYC or CT office.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.