Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform, powered by dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
Foursquares flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact & drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest & real-world behavior patterns (Places & Visits), & tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification & visualization (Unfolded Studio).
About the Team:
The Developer Experience team is passionate about making sure that customers both new & old are enabled for success when using Foursquare technology. We strive to build an organic community of developers who love Foursquares products & fuel our company's growth. We interact with our technical users on a daily basis to understand their needs & make their usage of Foursquare Developer tools a more enjoyable experience. We write sample code & guides to lower the barrier to entry for new users & to educate developers on the power of our technology. We collaborate closely with product & engineering teams to influence product strategy & features on behalf of our developers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Foster & build out our online developer community presence on key platforms
- Engage with the Foursquare developer community to troubleshoot & solve problems & educate them on the power of Foursquare technology.
- Facilitate developer events & be Foursquares visible representative through speaking engagements & developer outreach
- Write & manage open source demo applications, samples, blog posts & user guides to drive adoption of our technology
- Advocate for our community in our product & engineering organizations to influence roadmaps & make sure developers best interests are at the forefront of deliberation
- Work with engineering to identify & fix issues in core products, getting your hands dirty to solve issues impacting users & provide workarounds wherever possible
- Prior experience as a software engineer, consultant or other technical role with exposure to a broad range of platforms & technologies - at least one of Mobile SDKs, APIs or Data Engineering
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with public speaking & technical writing
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing & GTM
- Experience using online communities to interact with developers (Stack Overflow, GitHub, Slack, etc)
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.